Replace Car Title
Replacing your Car Title
You need a title in order to sell your vehicle, so if your car title has been lost or stolen, you have no choice but to replace it. In that case, you've come to the right place. We will walk you through the process of getting your car title replaced as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Replace Lost or Stolen Title in Kansas
How to replace your lost title in Kansas
If you lost your title in Kansas or it was stolen or damaged you can replace it. You cannot buy or sell a vehicle without a title.
- Complete the application for a duplicate title.
- If your title is damaged or destroyed make sure to attach it to the application.
- Make sure to include the make and identification number as well as the vehicle year and the current odometer reading.
- If you have a lienholder on your title you must include a completed and notarized lien release form with your application. You can either download the form or get it at your local county treasurer's motor vehicle office.
- You must submit a $10 duplicate title fee.
If you are mailing it out, mail to:
You have the option to submit the application and fees at your local county treasurer's motor vehicle office or mail the package to:
Kansas Department of Revenue
Division of Vehicles
915 SW Harrison, Room 159
Topeka, Kansas 66626-0001
*Make sure to indicate on the form that you are applying for a duplicate title.